All at Profit-Ninjas are glad to report that THE BEST matched betting offer of last season is BACK 😀 Bet365 have confirmed the return of their 2UP offer (until the end of August at least at time of writing) so we thought it best to provide our members with a guide on how best to approach this offer.
EDIT: Paddy Power now also confirmed until 1st Jan 2020 – Max Payout per match £2500
For those unaware of what the 2UP offer is then lets explain.
Place a pre-match bet on the Full Time result for matches in selected leagues/cups and if the team you back to win goes 2 goals ahead at any stage during the match, the bookmaker will pay out your bet in full regardless of whether the opposition comes back to draw or win the match.
As a Matched Bettor we try and profit from this by finding a close match and placing our back and lay bets using normal mode in the calculator. Accept a small QL (qualifying loss) and hope our selected team takes a 2 goal lead (2-0, 3-1, 4-2 …) in the match before deciding what action to take.
For relative newbies to matched betting this offer can give your profits a large boost if you can hit a full turnaround (your team takes a 2 goal lead but does not win the match) and for the more experienced and with a larger bankroll the profits can be 4 figures from just one full turnaround with only a small QL
A full turnaround with no action taken would result in both your Back bet at the bookmaker AND your Lay bet at the exchange winning. See an example below
- We place a Back bet of £200 on Team A to win their match at Bet365 with Odds 4.5
- We lay Team A to win their match at the exchange at odds 4.6
- As shown in the image below our QL for this is £4.34 or £4.35 depending on the result of the match (@2.2% of our Back stake)
Our maximum profit if our team were to take a 2 goal lead and not win the match would be;
- Bookmaker has paid out our bet as a winner as our team had a 2 goal lead at some point in the match = +£700
- Our exchange lay also wins as our team did not win the match = +£195.65
- Overall profit = £700 + £195.65 = £895.65 for just a £4.35 QL
Admittedly the chances of a full turnaround are not as common as we would like but providing we keep our qualifying loss low (max 3% loss on back stake) we would only need (using the above example) 1 turnaround every 200 matches to show a profit
The guide below will take you through this offer in more detail and offer advice and possible options to take if your team does take a 2 goal lead